Is it Necessary to Paint Your Garage Floor?
As painters, one of the questions that we get asked the most, especially when we are painting the exterior of a home or the interior of a garage is, “Should we paint our garage floor?” Many times, the specific home and garage play a part in whether or not this is a wise choice, but there are a few factors that we can go over here that apply to all garages.
Painting a garage floor is just that. You literally paint the garage floor. So right away, you can imagine that this will make the space look a lot nicer and more pleasant. However, as it is a garage floor, after all, this will also bring a lot of other factors into play that you may want to consider. Some of the huge benefits to painting a garage floor are that it:
- Takes away the dust factor. Have you ever noticed how garages get very dusty, very quickly? That is because bare, porous, unfinished concrete attracts dust in a big way. This dust then gets tracked into your home and all around your clean house. Painting a garage floor eliminates this factor.
- Makes cleaning easier. How many sweeps does it take to clean a bare, unfinished concrete garage floor? No, this is not a joke, we all know that cleaning a bare garage floor is tough and takes forever. A smooth, painted, flat surface garage floor, on the other hand, is much easier to clean.
- Makes clean up after car work easier. Have you ever had an oil spill on a bare concrete garage floor? Notice how it never really went away? Especially if you have kids or pets or just don’t want a contaminated garage, painting a garage floor is a great way to make clean ups of spills and messes in your garage that much easier. The paint-seal aspect of the floor will not allow adhesion and soaking-in of car oils and fluids, so you can wipe them up as easily as you would a spill on your kitchen counters.
- Allows you to personalize your garage. You can use regular, acrylic latex garage floor paint, or, to really get a tough finish that will last for a long time. We recommend that you go with a one-part or two-part epoxy paint. This is a paint that comes with an epoxy additive that you mix together right before application. It toughens up the finished product, gives you longer-lasting durability, protects against mold and mildew, is water resistant, is easy to clean, and is even more durable against automotive fluids.
- Brightens up the space. A painted surface reflects light. A bare, unfinished concrete surface absorbs light. This is a great way to make your garage brighter and easier to work in without having to add more light bulbs and use more electricity.
- Makes the garage look beautiful and clean. By itself, just making the garage look better is a reason to paint the garage floor, especially when it is cost effective too.
Hall Painting Services, The Best Choice in a Painting Contractor
For any of your painting needs, Hall Painting Services has you “covered” (no pun intended). We specialize in all aspects of painting, including interior painting, exterior painting, trim painting, painting restoration projects, fresh construction projects, remodels, stairwells and risers, kitchen cabinets, garage floors, etc. We are a locally owned and operated painting company with over fifteen years of experience in the industry. We are based in Clearwater, Florida, and we service the whole Tampa Bay area. Our company is fully licensed and insured. For a free estimate and color consultation, feel free to reach out to us at (727) 692-2926.